Big Fat Fiction

The Centers for disease control and prevention post all kinds of information on how to live a “healthy” lifestyle. They have some scary numbers on obesity in the United states. Highlights include:

– Only about 25% of U.S adults eat the recommended five or more servings of fruits or vegetables each day.

– More than 50% of American Adults do not get the recommended amount of physical activity to provide health benefits.

-Direct health costs attribute to obesity have been estimated at $52  billion in 1995 and $75 billion in 2003.

– Between 1980 and 2000, obesity rates doubled among adults. About 60 million adults, or 30% of the adult population are now obese. 

The real problem lies in the untold, unconfirmed obesity research numbers.

– It is speculated 95% of obese people walk extremely slow on the sidewalk, making it near impossible to pass.

– 85 percent of all fruits and vegetables consumed by obese people came in the form of pringles. The other 15 percent from sour patch kids.

– The increase in obesity rates has seen a sharp decline in deodorant sales

– The grapefruit diet has made a major comeback. Extremely popular with the obese, they can eat anything except grapefruit.



					
Advertisements

3 responses

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s